Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Things I don't want to forget..

*Warning- this is a mommy post, so if you're not interested in the happenings of an 18 mo. old then I can tell ya, you won't enjoy this post. ;) This is for me to remember things when Connor's older, so bear with me..*

Connor is quite the little communicator these days. He turned 18 months old yesterday, and I can tell we're nearing two. It's so hard to believe we got here this fast, but I guess that's how life goes eh?

Connor is definitely a very special kid. Just when I feel like the grasping feeling of frustration is rising to its peak inside of me, he looks up at me with those beautiful deep blue eyes, and taps my leg and says with the cutest little voice in the world, "mommy." That is his favorite word right now. I'd say at least 500 x a day - that's what comes out of his mouth. Usually it is followed by gibberish that he really believes I can understand, and boy do I wish I could! (well, maybe ;) Sometimes it sounds like he asks permission and I nod my head and wish 5 seconds later that I would've said no.

I would compare Connor right now to a fast-moving train through a quiet little town. He goes from one thing right to the next without a breath of hesitation. His mind is always moving, and we've got ourselves a bundle of energy on our hands!

Connor Judson is pure joy to our lives, and I do say that with all honesty. He has such a funny personality, and loves to make us laugh. He is learning (VERY slowly) but learning to obey, and not throw fits about things every time he doesn't get his way.

{quick interruption} - Have I mentioned what an incredibly wonderful dad my husband is?? Well, let me just brag on him a little bit. Chris is one of the most patient dads I've ever seen, and he is so good to balance me out :) Whenever I'm frustrated with Connor and don't know what to do, Christopher takes over. He disciplines in love and everytime I see him dealing with Connor, loving on Connor, reading to Connor, I look at him and fall in love with him all over again. God knew exactly what I needed , and for THAT I am thankful. I had no idea when I married Chris what kind of dad he would be, or even what kind of mom I would be! I still don't know how "good" we are, compared to others, but let me tell ya, we love being parents..it is exhausting at times, it is confusing, it is just plain hard, but we love our Connor, and pray daily that the Lord would help us be what we need to be.

Okay :) - moving on! I've come to grips with the fact that Connor is just going to be one of those kids, that, as he gets older will need planned activities, to keep him busy. Never idle hands! I'm sure this will be a challenge, but we're up to it. I'm glad we're young.

"Connor-isms":
"Hi-iiii" (super drawn out every time he says it)

"Byyyyeee" (again, drawn out)

"Mom or Mommy" (constantly)

"Ummmm" (this one's the cutest, I think)

"Uh- (long pause) ohhh"- when accidents happen or when he "drops" something on purpose- I've tried to explain that uh-oh is only for accidents, but we'll save that learning hump for a different time ;)

"Biby"- Bible

"acchs"- socks

"shees"(kind of- I really don't know how to spell the annunciation) - shoes

"Mi-ma"- Middo man (dad and I's nickname for him)

"ah-dee"- yes sir

"me mim"- yes ma'am

"bees"- please

One of my favorites- everytime the phone rings or a beep goes off he yells, "mom!"  and then right away, "hewwo?" It makes me smile EVERY. time.

...and then a lot of words dad and I just aren't gettin' yet :)

He loves to sing and loves to hear people sing. When he hears singing, he talks really high and softly, and draws his little jibberish out, and tries to imitate singing. One of his favorite songs right now is "If you're happy and you know it"- he's very enthusiastic about that one. I've gotten it on video and will post soon! And B-I-B-L-E  - he loves to yell "Biby" at the end.

He loves to say hi and bye to anyone AND everyone. In the grocery store, I start to feel bad for people, because if we're standing there for any length of time, he will say hi at least 10x. I always just try to not make anyone feel bad if they start to get annoyed with saying hello for the 80th time haha!

He loves to walk around in big people shoes, and listen to the clop clop sound behind him- of course, this makes high heels even more exciting. (I'm sorry son, don't hate me when you read this when you're 16 ;)
He loves to be with his dad. Right now, Chris has been very busy with renovating a bathroom, so this has been extra challenging. Next year at this time, I think he'll be all set to help dad.

He loves to be kissed, and I don't mind wearing this one out. I love lovin' on him.

He loves remote controls, touch-screens, and phones. Buttons, buttons, buttons.

He loves to hold conversations with people, and I could just listen to his jibber-jabber all day.

 I'm determined to just take one day at a time and learn as I go. Chris and I have learned so many things from the Bible about parenting that have already been so useful but no matter how much we try to have a list of things to do and not to do, what's really gonna get us through is prayer. God has to be in this thing. We'll just  do what we know to do from the Bible and what He tells us through His word and trust Him to give us wisdom as we raise our little guy for His glory.

"Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: .."- Psalm 127:1 
-He's the Master builder, we're just His co-laborers- What a phenomenal opportunity we have as parents. Here's to another day of mommy-hood - the best job in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment